Thursday 19 June 2014

5. What is Holden's relationship with his parents?

There is not a strong relationship between Holden and his parents. Ultimately there must have been some driving forces in sending Holden away to for high school and since Holden spends the majority of his year away from home the conflict hasn’t been resolved. Holden’s father has standards for Holden, such as passing all of his classes, and Holden likes to rebel against these standards which is shown when Phoebe analyzes that Holden was kicked out of school and says, “Daddy’ll kill you!” The only role that his parents seem to play in his life, is bringing fear upon him. Holden’s mother constantly smokes during the middle of the night which shows that she may be experiencing great troubles, which can presumably be featured around Holden, but the details are never mentioned. A healthy upbringing results in a healthy adult, Holden was raised in a way that resulted in an unhealthy relationship with his parents by not being able to trust them or talk to his parents about any problems. Holden’s relationship with his parents may have been the very thing that caused his need for physiological help.

6 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you! The cause, though, of Holden's "unhealthy" upbringing may be caused by the death of his brother. In the book, I remember it saying how distraught Holden's mother was over the death of Allie. This may have caused her to sink into a depression, and not be able to raise her children as well as she could have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm here to share a few story on how I save my marriage from going through a divorce, it all started when I find out that my husband was cheating on me and I already have two kids for him, so I don't want the marriage to be broken because if that happens it will be a big load on me taking care of the kids alone for that not to happen, I went searching for solution to make him love me again and stop cheating that is how I came across Dr Ekpen online on what he has done for a lot of people so I contacted him for help and he helped me to cast a love spell on him to love only me and stop cheating. You can contact him today if you are having the same challenges in your relationship on ekpentemple@gmail.com and you will be clad you did.

      Delete
  2. you have an interesting blog. thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, i am from USA, I want to share this great testimony about how Dr.Agbazara helped me bring back my ex lover, During my search for solution i came in contact with Dr.Agbazara details and through his help my lover came back to me within 48 hours. So with these i am so bold to advise anyone seeking for a way to get there lover back to contact Dr.Agbazara on WhatsApp: { +2348104102662 } or via email at: { agbazara@gmail.com } I am so happy at least myself and my lover are back to each other again and going to spend the New Year celebration together Thank to Dr.Agbazara once again....

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all thanks to Dr.Agbazara for bringing back my lover to me within 48 hour. I have nothing to say than to Thank you and to let you know that i am happy.. My Lover treats me better and he spends most of her time with me now telling me how much he loves me than ever before.. If you have any problems with your lover contact Dr.Agbazara via email: ( agbazara@gmail.com ) or WhatsApp +2348104102662 because he is the solution to every relationship problems

    ReplyDelete
  5. My marriage has been completely transformed by the A New Beginning workshop by Dr Itua love spell. I am shocked that so much can be done in love spell by Dr itua and that a marriage can so quickly get on the road to recovery…The resources taught by this Dr Itua love spell really work and can help repair a failing marriage. I would strongly recommend Dr Itua love spell to any couple that is considering divorce. One step will change your life and marriage .
    Here is Dr itua contact..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com   whatsapp  ..   +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete