Monday 16 June 2014

Personal Influence The Catcher in the Rye has had on me

In my opinion, Holden is in that awkward stage. he is immature and blaming everyone around him for his own problems.I believe Holden and the catcher in the rye has a concept of having to deal, accept, and face your own challenges and conflicts. This book has changed has me by making me accept and face change instead of being immature about it like Holden had been. Holden calls everyone "phonies" and just runs away from his problems. Seeing him be so immature, as most teenagers are, makes me want to not do as he did. Don't run from your problems, confront them. You can't run away from then forever, sooner or later they will come back and be an issue again. In order to get to the future, you must deal with the present. The Catcher in the Rye has helped me realize that. In a way, it influenced me as I have learned from Holden's mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment